RSNA's strategic plan was created by our leadership to guide our organization's work for the next five years. This plan was updated in 2022 and is effective through 2027.
The RSNA aspires to be the premier professional association dedicated to promoting health through radiologic science and education.
The RSNA promotes excellence in patient care and health care delivery through education, research and technologic innovation.
- Quality & Safety
Goal 1: RSNA will advance innovation in radiologic science.
- Make the RSNA Annual Meeting the forum of choice for presenting and discussing imaging science and new imaging technologies.
- Work with industry and government agencies to bring innovation to practice.
- Maintain the position of the Radiology family of journals as the journals of choice for publishing and learning about radiologic science.
- Fund impactful and high-quality research and education through the Research & Education Foundation and other mechanisms.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in new areas of radiological science.
Goal 2: RSNA will be recognized as an indispensable source of information about radiologic science.
- Provide a comprehensive collection of education content across all radiology knowledge areas and skill levels.
- Develop a comprehensive approach to delivering RSNA’s education offerings to meet user preferences.
- Serve as the point-of-care learning resource for all radiologists.
Goal 3: RSNA will improve understanding of the value of radiology and radiologists throughout the healthcare system.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with strategic medical disciplines and organizations to leverage the collective voice of radiology.
- Guide the appropriate use of imaging and optimal utilization of imaging resources.
- Foster methods to improve interactions among radiologists, referring providers, and patients.
Goal 4: RSNA will connect its members with the people, companies, and resources needed to advance the profession.
- Create Annual Meeting experiences that are compelling to current and future attendees.
- Promote diverse representation within the profession, foster a culture of inclusion, and ensure diversity in RSNA leadership to better reflect the future of the field.
- Serve as the nexus for interaction among and between imaging professionals, government agencies and industry representatives.
- Promote meaningful connections among members of the radiologic science community.